OBX19 Netball Entry Info
The Old Boys’ Tens is going into it’s 6th year in 2019.
The festival’s aim is to align synergies among Old Boys Associations and now Old Girls Associations of South Africa’s schools through the game of 10s rugby and netball by creating an annual sentimental & nostalgic event that most Old Boys and Girls can identify with. Funds raised by the event go to the transformation & development of educational opportunities throughout South Africa.
OLD BOYS’ TENS 2019: OLD GIRLS’ NETBALL TEAM INFO
|VENUE | DATE||PIRATES SPORTS CLUB, JHB | 8th & 9th NOVEMBER 2019|
|TIME||START: FRIDAY | 4PM (Netball won’t be played today – only on Saturday)
FINISH: SATURDAY | 6PM
UNOFFICIAL WELCOME DRINKS AT THE CLUB ON THURSDAY 7th NOVEMBER
|TEAM AVAILABILITY||8 TEAMS
*The “Sister schools” to the invited Boys Schools will be granted first option to accept or decline entry
|SQUAD SIZE||10 PLAYERS
Management: up to 2 additional people
*Min raised by 7 November 2019
**see pricing and entry detailed below
***All proceeds go towards educational bursaries
|R5,000 – R6,999||
|R7,000 – R9,999||In addition to the above:
- Exact format to be confirmed, but will follow the basic format of Round robin pool matches followed by top 4/bottom 4 cross-pool playoffs and final placings.
- Matches during the pool rounds will run over 2 x 10 min halves.
- During play-off rounds matches will run over 2 x 10 min halves.
- Normal netball rules will apply, except that substitutions can take place at any time in between points
- At any given moment the team on the court should consist of 7 players
- Teams will be penalized 5 points for each minute that they arrive late on the court
- Score updates will be available electronically and on the event Facebook page
FOR THE TEAM MANAGER
- Management of each team must arrange water bottles, water and ice
- Cooler boxes will be allowed to keep water and energy drinks cold
- Teams to arrange their own gazebo’s
- Teams must ensure that they bring their own netball balls for warmups
- In the true spirit of the Old Boys Tens, it is expected that teams will play the games in a fair and dignified manner. Old rivalries will be reignited, while old friendships will be renewed
- Teams who are deemed to play games OR behave off the court in an undignified manner and against the Spirit of the Old Boys Tens – will be asked to leave the premises and will not be invited for future events.
- It is the expectation of the Old Boys Tens that teams will be associated/affiliated to a legitimate organisation or association
- It is expected that teams only use players affiliated to the organisations/affiliations they are representing at the Old Boys Tens. If under any circumstances teams require players to fill squads prior to the 19 September, this is to be communicated and approved by the Tournament Director prior to the closing date of entries. If teams are depleted by injury during the Old Boys Tens event, Captains must notify the Tournament Director and alternative arrangements will be made.
- Teams can enter ONE “PRO” player per squad. This player can be a current professional or past professional (having played professionally in the past 2 years). The “PRO” MUST be affiliated or associated to the team she is entered in. Teams who are found to have entered non-affiliated “PROs” will be disqualified immediately.
- All teams are required to submit waivers and team sheets before the 1st November 2017.
- Team kits are to be uniform and must CLOSELY RESEMBLE the traditional playing kit of the associations/affiliations they represent
- It is encouraged that teams secure their own internal sponsors to help fund their entries or playing kit. Teams ARE allowed to display sponsors of their choice on their playing kit.
- Teams are encouraged to use the Old Boys Tens apparel partner Old School Group, who have reduced the cost of full playing kits for participating teams. If teams so wish, they can organize playing kit in their own capacities.
- Orders for kit from Old School Group are to be submitted by no later than the 23rd September to Shane Fainsinger: email@example.com
The Old Boys Tens management reserves the right to change or amend the above rules, and services. It is the responsibility of participating players to be aware of all changes on http://www.oldboystens.co.za/team-info/
We look forward to welcoming ALL teams at the 2019 OBX!!
Please contact Andrea Grobbelaar (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional Old Girls Netball information
Yours in netball,